My microwave melted my FreshDirect microwave-ready meal

This is FreshDirect’s SMART & SIMPLE MOROCCAN CHICKEN W/ HERBED COUSCOUS.

The instructions read, “Place in microwave and heat on high for 3 minutes in 1,000-watt or higher microwave.” So I did, in my 1,000-watt GE Profile microwave. Three minutes later, this is what resulted.

The last step on the FD package–“Enjoy!”–is looking mighty difficult.

This is what the package looked like beforehand:

freshdirectmeal.png

2 thoughts on “My microwave melted my FreshDirect microwave-ready meal

  1. This is due to pressure in the container not being able to escape. This is not normal and should not happen. An easy fix is to quickly stab with a knife or fork to let the pressure out. Product is completely safe.

  2. Actually, the instructions on the container specifically say, “Do not open plastic cover.” As to the product safety, I wasn’t willing to eat the meal after this happened, because the resulting distortion may have leached unknown chemicals from the plastic into my food. It’d be nice to know for certain that pressurization was the only cause, but I’ll let someone else take that risk.

Comments are closed.