The nice thing about living a triple life as a freelancer, consultant, and business school student is the great scheduling flexibility I have. So I’m traveling. A lot.
The 18-month span between my layoff from The Economist and my business school graduation will, when all is said and done, include the following trips out of the metro New York area:
- Whitewater rafting, upstate New York (twice)
- Athens, Greece
- Palm Beach, Fla. (three times) and Miami
- Puerto Rico
- San Francisco and vicinity
- Chicago (tentative)
- Martha’s Vineyard
- Cape Cod and Cape Ann, Mass.
- Shanghai and Beijing
- Xi’an, Chongqing and Wuhan, China
- Hong Kong
- Tokyo (if an airport layover counts)
Bring on the traveler reward programs.